Its deep wine hue evokes richness and sophistication, its red-brown roots bring warmth, and its understated earthy tone makes it suitable for anything from fashion to home furnishings. Today, we bring you Pantone’s color of the year- marsala. From shoes to accessories to dresses, we’re sharing some of our favorite pieces to help you rep 2015’s biggest color trend.
- Cambridge Satchel North South Tote: The simple structured look of this tote will suit anything from office attire to weekend wear. Team it with a neutral blazer for a perfectly preppy look.
- Nars Audacious Lipstick in Antique Rose: This understated lipstick from Nars will bring warmth to any skin tone. We especially love its earthy feel for the perfect daytime color.
- NYDJ Lainey Studded Faux Leather Trim Sheath Dress: NYDJ’s studded sheath dress combines edgy details with a sophisticated cut for a fun, office-appropriate option. Complete the look with neutral pumps and a sleek tote.
- Rachel Zoe Hadley Ankle Strap Pumps: Rachel Zoe’s deep red pumps will add flare to any outfit. Team them with casual boyfriend jeans for an unexpected touch of glam.
- Chan Luu Beaded Leather Wrap Bracelet: Crystal beads bring colorful texture to this handcrafted leather wrap bracelet. Wear it alone or layer it with your favorite bangles.
- Parker Lourdes Tank: This delicate tank features a flirty halter-style neckline that will have all eyes on you. Top it off with shoulder-gracing earrings.
- Hunter Boots Asymmetrical Colorblock Boots: Asymmetrical colorblocking lends an unexpected cheerful touch to these rainboots. Pair them with neutrals to make them pop.
- Hinge Texture Square Scarf: One can never have enough scarves, making this Hinge pick a winter must-have. Layer it with a structured jacket or highlight it against a simple tee.
- Luv Aj The Saber Pendant Necklace: Bring a little edge to your seasonal style with this pendant necklace from Luv Aj. Its sleek design will look great with anything from refined button downs to flirty cocktail dresses.
- Sole Society Faux Leather Quilted Pouch Wristlet: A delicate clutch is an easy way to incorporate some color into your look. This wristlet features a cool quilted pattern and spacious interior to fit all of your essentials.
From shades of grey to bursts of red, bloggers everywhere are utilizing cool color schemes to make their winter outfits pop. In need of some inspiration for your own wardrobe? Today’s best-dressed ladies sport everything from oversized sweaters to edgy leather pants- offering outfits to suit any personal style.
Shades of Grey
Julie of Sincerely Jules
Veronica of Bittersweet Colors
Julie and Veronica prove that entirely grey outfits are anything but boring. Julie pairs a cozy, over-sized cardigan with strappy heels and a bold leopard print clutch. She finishes her look with a sleek belt to highlight her shape. Veronica sports a dressed down look- teaming grey knits with leather leggings and sneakers. She brings unexpected contrast to her outfit with a structured tote.
Pop of Red
Kat of With Love From Kat
Wendy of Wendy’s Lookbook
Looking to spice up those winter neutrals? A pop of color will do the trick. Kat teams a simple black outfit with a beige coat and a bold red hat for a subtle punch of red. Wendy pairs a similar coat with matching nude pumps and red coated jeans. Both ladies keep their accessories minimal, letting their red accents do the talking.
Back to Black
Helena of Brooklyn Blonde
Grasie of Style Me Grasie
Helena and Grasie bring understated edge to their black ensembles. Helena dresses up ripped jeans with a structured blazer and an eye-catching necklace. Grasie keeps it casual with stylish sneakers and loose leather pants. Both ladies bring cool contrast to their outfits with patterned tops.
While we love a good statement necklace, this season it is all about the delicate strands. From layered pieces to standout pendants, we’re sharing 3 necklace trends in prices that will make any wallet happy. Shop our stylists’ top picks.
The Trend: Layered Necklaces
Winter fashion is all about layering, and that does not exclude jewelry. From bold chains to delicate pieces, layered necklaces are the statement piece of the season. Team them with anything from a v-neck tee to sweetheart dress for an instant pop of glam.
Splurge: Maison Martin Margiela Multi Layered Necklace; Marc by Marc Jacobs Layered Bow Tie Necklace; Save: Jules Smith Double Rectangle Necklace; Serefina Delicate Vintage Channels Necklace
The Trend: Pendant Necklaces
If layered pieces aren’t your style, pendant necklaces can create an equally fashionable statement. Whether you choose teardrop stones or edgy geometric designs, pendants pack all of the flare without overtaking your outfit. Pair them with a classic button down blouse or a cocktail dress for that necessary touch of elegance.
Splurge: Freida Rotham Metropolitan Pendant Necklace; Ippolita Rock Candy Pendant Necklace; Save: Topshop Cube Pendant Multi-Row Necklace; Rebecca Minkoff Clandestine Blade Pendant Necklace
The Trend: Delicate Strands
A delicate necklace is worth the investment, as it is completely versatile and always in style. Pair them with your favorite chunky knit sweaters this winter or take them to the spring with an equally delicate tank.
Splurge: Monica Vinader Siren Rose Gold-Plated Aquamarine Necklace; Kacey K Hamsa Necklace; Save: House of Harlow 1960 Illuminating Rectangle Necklace; Gorjana Chaplin Long Station Necklace
While we’d love to rock sky-high heels year round, the weather does not always allow for it. Luckily, there are plenty of stylish boots to allow us to feel fabulous in our footwear. From sturdy short boots to cozy lace-ups, today’s picks combine fashion and function to help you stay street-chic all season.
Top 5 Picks for Winter Boots:
- SOREL Tofino Boot: This popular boot features a lightweight quilted upper and adjustable fit to suit wider calves. Team them with patterned leggings and a cable knit sweater.
- UGG Australia Silva Zip Gusset Boot: This biker boot has a warm, plush footbed, full side-zip, and packs the sophisticated shine of Italian patent. Team them with anything from leggings to casual dresses.
- UGG Australia Thomsen Waterproof Leather Knee High Boot: Burnished waterproof leather combines with cozy plush lining for a stylish, warm riding boot. Take them to the office with a knee length dress and sleek trench coat.
- André Assous Robin Waterproof Short Boot: Waterproof tumbled leather adds a rugged touch to this short boot while a memory-foam footbed provides all-day comfort. Keep it casual with denim jeans and oversized knits.
- The North Face Bridgeton Lace Suede Boot: These velvety suede lace-up boots feature a durable TNF Winter Grip sole, making them a stylish choice for even the worst winter weather. Dress them up with darkwash skinnies, a printed blouse, and blazer.
Military is having a moment and we can’t help but share why this trend is so great. From bags to shoes to jumpsuits, designers are transforming everyday styles into bold and edgy pieces that command attention. And while we love just about every military-inspired item that is in store this season, there is one piece that takes the cake- the jacket. Bold buttons, zippers, and shoulder accents are being used to reinvent classic blazers, pea coats, and bombers into edgy pieces that anyone can wear. Today, we bring you our favorites.
Military blazers pack unexpected flare with their cap sleeves, bold buttons, and embroidered details. Take it to work by pairing it with a sleek pencil skirt or team it with boyfriend jean and pointed toe pumps for a cool contrast.
Splurge: SMYTHE Military Pea Coat; Balmain Double-Breasted Piqué Blazer; Save: Free People Femme Band Jacket; INC International Concepts Embroidered Military Peplum Jacket
The Utility Jacket
Utility style jackets feature pockets of various shapes and sizes that actually mimic that of real military clothing. Why do we love them? While women don’t typically carry military supplies around, they do have an arsenal of lipsticks, change purses, and small accessories that require easy access. These jackets pack fashion AND function.
Splurge: James Jeans Ponte Sleeve Utility Jacket; Balmain Gabardine Military Jacket; Save: Press Two-Pocket Stretch Cotton Military Jacket; Hinge Cotton Canvas Jacket
Bomber jackets are already a major trend for fall, so it is no surprise that military-inspired styles are a hit. The sporty fit of these bombers will add instant edge to your casual outfits, plus the minimalist details make them totally versatile. Opt for a jacket that features unique zippers or shoulder accents to master military-chic.
Splurge: Burberry Brit Lydenhall Bomber Jacket; Alexander Wang Quilted Bomber Jacket; Save: Topshop Boris Bomber Jacket; Bella Dahl Bomber Jacket
When it comes to quilted fabrics, there are two things you should know: (1) the unique stitching forms a sculptural fit that flatters and (2) the chic, textural detail creates subtle volume and a unique look that will bring all eyes on you. Quilted fabrics have returned this fall in the form of handbags, coats, and our personal favorite, skirts. Today we’ve pulled five quilted mini skirts that will bring that necessary wow factor to your wardrobe.
Our Top 5 Must-Have Quilted Mini Skirts
- Rebecca Taylor Quilted Mini Skirt: Plain-weave silk brings a chic shine to this Rebecca Taylor skirt. Style it for a night out with strappy heels and a solid top.
- Topshop Quilted Asymmetrical Faux Leather Skirt: Leather is a must for fall. Team this edgy skirt with a fitted sweater and booties for a casual cool look.
- Line & Dot Daria Quilted Flare Skirt: A structured flare brings flirty appeal to this Line & Dot number. Take it to date night with understated heels and a slim fitting top.
- Topshop Quilted Zip Front Mini Skirt: Powder blue offers a refreshing spin on your typical mute hues for fall. Wear it with nude flats tucked in blouse.
- Madewell Luna Quilted Skater Skirt: Navy fabric and leather details give this Madewell skirt an understated edge. Dress it up with pointed toe pumps and a button down blouse.
What’s your favorite new trend this fall? Would you try quilted mini skirts? Let us know what you’re post-Labor Day shopping list is shaping up to look like!
If there is one thing we cannot wait to bring back this fall, it is leather fashion. From jackets to booties to carryall bags, the cool seasonal staple is back and better than ever. Want to work the popular trend into your wardrobe? Shop our stylists’ favorite pieces of the season.
- Topshop High Rise Tapered Faux Leather Trousers: Add instant cool to your daytime attire with these faux leather trousers from Topshop. Wear yours with pumps and soft knits for a cool contrast.
- BB Dakota Vendome Jacket: A versatile leather jacket is a fall staple. Team this utilitarian pick with anything from a printed dress to a blouse and trousers.
- ASOS Leather Look Pencil Skirt: ASOS gives the classic pencil skirt an edgy update with this sleek faux leather fit. Take it to the office with a refined button down shirt and pointed toe pumps.
- Rag & Bone Harrow Booties: Gray booties will add modern flare to your fall style. Pair this Rag & Bone pick with cropped jeans and a fitted blazer for a perfectly preppy look.
- Franco Sarto Linden Leather Bootie: Looking for a more moderate heel? This Franco Sarto shoe is perfect. Team them with your favorite pair of denim and cable knits for a casual autumn look.
- Ash Vegas Bis Buckle Booties: Soft leather and a wide ankle make these booties a go-to pick for laidback days. Wear them with anything from skinny jeans to casual dresses.
- MARC BY MARC Jacobs Leather Tote: Swap out your summer beach bag for this neutral tote from Mark Jacobs. The timeless beige color will suit any outfit or season.
- Kate Spade New York Cobble Hill Callen Backpack: Stay hands-free and stylish with this backpack from Kate Spade. This bag features soft pebbled cowhide for an extra punch of chic.
- Meli Melo Thela Large Classic Bag: This best-selling tote is a worthy investment with its spacious interior and adjustable straps. The best part? It is large enough to hold all of your tech accessories for the office and chic enough to take to dinner.
Looking for that perfect pair of jeans can get frustrating. However, when you know the kind of fit you want, it can make the search a whole lot easier. With summer coming to an end and pants season upon us, we’re turning to some of fall’s best jeans. Shop skinny, cropped and relaxed fit denim.
Why You Need Them: Skinny jeans are a wardrobe staple. They look great with almost any shoe, they lengthen the look of your legs, AND with the right styling, they can take you from ‘casual Fridays’ to a night on the town.
Shop: 1. Blank Denim Skinny Jeans; 2. J.Crew Ever Stretch Toothpick Jeans; 3. Joe’s Jeans Mid Rise Skinny Jeans
Why You Need Them: Not sure how to wear your new fall booties? Cropped jeans are the answer. The shorter length of cropped jeans is perfect for short boots and ankle strap heels. The jeans won’t bunch, offering a chic and clean look.
Shop: 1. Rag & Bone JEAN High Rise Skinny Zipper; 2. Hudson Jeans Nico Mid Rise Super Skinny Jeans; 3. KORAL Cigarette Jeans
Why You Need Them: When it comes to weekend errands, few things are more comfortable than a loose-fitting pair of pants. From straight leg to boyfriend cuts, these jeans look amazing with flats, pumps and everything in between.
Shop: Rag & Bone JEAN The Dre Slim Fit Boyfriend Jeans; Paige Denim Hidden Hills Straight Leg Stretch Jeans; Free People Low Rise Boyfriend Jeans
While we’d love to pretend that summer is here to stay, fall weather (and fashion) is right around the corner. Rather than prepping for autumn with heavy knits and pants, we’re embracing summer fashion for as long as possible with dresses that can be worn for a range of seasons. Shop summer-to-fall dresses for every price range.
Summer to Fall Dresses Under $100
- Felicity & Coco Seamed Pencil Dress: This little black dress is great for any season with its classic fit and knee-length silhouette. Wear it with strappy sandals or pointed toe pumps.
- Feel The Piece V Neck Maxi Dress: This summery vneck can easily be taken to fall. Team it with a black leather jacket and a matching clutch for an edgy night out.
- Ark & Co. Embroidered Eyelet Dress: This dress evokes femininity with its slim waist and embroidered hem. Keep it summer casual in your favorite flat sandals or pair it with tan ankle booties for the cooler weather.
Summer to Fall Dresses $100-$250
- T by Tadashi Seamed Sheath Dress: Looking for a bright color to wear year-round? Then this is the blue for you. Team it with anything from nude heels to a printed pump for instant wow-factor.
- Splendid Stretch Jersey Maxi Dress: This soft gray maxi is perfect for those days when you’re looking for extra comfort. Take this dress to the beach with flip-flops and a tote or wear it this fall with a denim jacket and flats.
- ADDISON Dara Fit and Flare Zipper Detail Dress: An optical mesh pattern lends a cool, graphic touch to this mini dress. Take yours for a cool night out with a fitted jacket and pumps.
Summer to Fall Dresses $250+
- Diane von Furstenberg Prita Printed Silk Crepe de Chine Dress: A lightweight wrap dress is not only flattering on just about anyone, but it is also perfect for any season. Wear yours now with heeled sandals and a tan tote or take it to fall with a lightweight jacket and pumps.
- Madison Marcus Embroidered Silk Dress: This flirty silhouette can be taken from season to season with proper layering. Pair it with sky-high sandals and a printed clutch or transition to fall with a cream jacket and pumps.
- Needle & Thread Lace Stitch Embellished Georgette Shift Dress: The ¾ sleeve cut of this shift dress makes it suitable for a range of seasons and occasions. Team yours with metallic pumps and a solid clutch.
Lace is one of this year’s go-to fabrics with its ability to be anything from discretely sexy to over-the-top glam. Not sure how to pull off the flirty trend? We’re sharing 5 options that can be worn to anything from casual office days to dates with your significant other.
5 Ways to Wear Lace:
- BB Dakota Devera Lace Inset Chiffon Shift Dress: Baroque inspired lace details the sleeves and neck of this white shift dress. Keep it casual with nude ballet flats or dress it up with strappy-heeled sandals.
- Topshop Lace Trim Romper: If you’re looking for just a touch of lace, this Topshop romper is for you. Eyelash lace softens the look of this tailored piece for the perfect dash of femininity. Wear yours with black sandals and long earrings.
- Kate Spade New York Banner Leather & Lace Ballet Flats: If lace clothing isn’t your thing, try a pair of shoes. Kate Spade gives classic ballet flats a glamorous update with sheer fabric and a neat little bow. Take them to dinner with skinny jeans and a flowing blouse.
- Equipment Reagan Lace Top: Lace tops to the office? No problem. This Equipment blouse gives off the flirty femme feel without revealing too much. Wear it with fitted trousers and flats for the perfect ‘Casual Friday’ look.
- Endless Rose Pencil Skirt: Date night done right! Metallic beads accent this lace skirt while a sheer panel at the hem shows a little leg. Team it with anything from a solid tank to a matching lace top.