SPF number is just one thing to consider when finding the perfect sunscreen. Why? Because texture, scent, and sensitivity to skin can be the determining factors of whether or not you actually wear it. After all, no one wants to feel oily all day long. To help you out, we’re sharing 5 top-rated sunscreens to try.
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios 50 Tinted Mineral Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid: This sunscreen can double as a foundation with its tinted mineral formula that is designed to even out minor imperfections. We especially love the super-thin fluid and barely-there feel of this lotion.
- Kiehl’s Since 1851 Activated Sun Protector Broad Spectrum SPF 50 for Face & Body: If you’re skin is feeling extra dry, we recommend giving Kiehls a go. This lightweight lotion leaves skin smooth and dewy, plus it’s packed with antioxidants for additional anti-aging benefits.
- Coppertone Faces Sensitive Skin Sunscreen Lotion: Not looking to drop a ton of money on sunscreen? This drugstore pick will do the trick. Coppertone’s formula is perfect for those with sensitive skin, as it is both fragrance and oil free. At about $8, you can’t go wrong.
- bareMinerals SPF 30 Natural Sunscreen: The active ingredients in mineral powder won’t break down as quickly as liquid formulas do in the heat. So, if you’re constantly on the go or are looking for a reliable sunscreen for your next vacation, this bareMinerals pick will hold up in your purse, glove compartment, or beach bag.
- Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream + Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ For Face: As for the ULTIMATE sun protection, we recommend Shiseido. This heavy-duty cream is versatile enough to hold up in water and under makeup, plus, it offers a fast absorbing, non-sticky texture.