While we love a good statement necklace, this season it is all about the delicate strands. From layered pieces to standout pendants, we’re sharing 3 necklace trends in prices that will make any wallet happy. Shop our stylists’ top picks.
The Trend: Layered Necklaces
Winter fashion is all about layering, and that does not exclude jewelry. From bold chains to delicate pieces, layered necklaces are the statement piece of the season. Team them with anything from a v-neck tee to sweetheart dress for an instant pop of glam.
Splurge: Maison Martin Margiela Multi Layered Necklace; Marc by Marc Jacobs Layered Bow Tie Necklace; Save: Jules Smith Double Rectangle Necklace; Serefina Delicate Vintage Channels Necklace
The Trend: Pendant Necklaces
If layered pieces aren’t your style, pendant necklaces can create an equally fashionable statement. Whether you choose teardrop stones or edgy geometric designs, pendants pack all of the flare without overtaking your outfit. Pair them with a classic button down blouse or a cocktail dress for that necessary touch of elegance.
Splurge: Freida Rotham Metropolitan Pendant Necklace; Ippolita Rock Candy Pendant Necklace; Save: Topshop Cube Pendant Multi-Row Necklace; Rebecca Minkoff Clandestine Blade Pendant Necklace
The Trend: Delicate Strands
A delicate necklace is worth the investment, as it is completely versatile and always in style. Pair them with your favorite chunky knit sweaters this winter or take them to the spring with an equally delicate tank.
Splurge: Monica Vinader Siren Rose Gold-Plated Aquamarine Necklace; Kacey K Hamsa Necklace; Save: House of Harlow 1960 Illuminating Rectangle Necklace; Gorjana Chaplin Long Station Necklace
Military is having a moment and we can’t help but share why this trend is so great. From bags to shoes to jumpsuits, designers are transforming everyday styles into bold and edgy pieces that command attention. And while we love just about every military-inspired item that is in store this season, there is one piece that takes the cake- the jacket. Bold buttons, zippers, and shoulder accents are being used to reinvent classic blazers, pea coats, and bombers into edgy pieces that anyone can wear. Today, we bring you our favorites.
Military blazers pack unexpected flare with their cap sleeves, bold buttons, and embroidered details. Take it to work by pairing it with a sleek pencil skirt or team it with boyfriend jean and pointed toe pumps for a cool contrast.
Splurge: SMYTHE Military Pea Coat; Balmain Double-Breasted Piqué Blazer; Save: Free People Femme Band Jacket; INC International Concepts Embroidered Military Peplum Jacket
The Utility Jacket
Utility style jackets feature pockets of various shapes and sizes that actually mimic that of real military clothing. Why do we love them? While women don’t typically carry military supplies around, they do have an arsenal of lipsticks, change purses, and small accessories that require easy access. These jackets pack fashion AND function.
Splurge: James Jeans Ponte Sleeve Utility Jacket; Balmain Gabardine Military Jacket; Save: Press Two-Pocket Stretch Cotton Military Jacket; Hinge Cotton Canvas Jacket
Bomber jackets are already a major trend for fall, so it is no surprise that military-inspired styles are a hit. The sporty fit of these bombers will add instant edge to your casual outfits, plus the minimalist details make them totally versatile. Opt for a jacket that features unique zippers or shoulder accents to master military-chic.
Splurge: Burberry Brit Lydenhall Bomber Jacket; Alexander Wang Quilted Bomber Jacket; Save: Topshop Boris Bomber Jacket; Bella Dahl Bomber Jacket
If there is one thing we cannot wait to bring back this fall, it is leather fashion. From jackets to booties to carryall bags, the cool seasonal staple is back and better than ever. Want to work the popular trend into your wardrobe? Shop our stylists’ favorite pieces of the season.
- Topshop High Rise Tapered Faux Leather Trousers: Add instant cool to your daytime attire with these faux leather trousers from Topshop. Wear yours with pumps and soft knits for a cool contrast.
- BB Dakota Vendome Jacket: A versatile leather jacket is a fall staple. Team this utilitarian pick with anything from a printed dress to a blouse and trousers.
- ASOS Leather Look Pencil Skirt: ASOS gives the classic pencil skirt an edgy update with this sleek faux leather fit. Take it to the office with a refined button down shirt and pointed toe pumps.
- Rag & Bone Harrow Booties: Gray booties will add modern flare to your fall style. Pair this Rag & Bone pick with cropped jeans and a fitted blazer for a perfectly preppy look.
- Franco Sarto Linden Leather Bootie: Looking for a more moderate heel? This Franco Sarto shoe is perfect. Team them with your favorite pair of denim and cable knits for a casual autumn look.
- Ash Vegas Bis Buckle Booties: Soft leather and a wide ankle make these booties a go-to pick for laidback days. Wear them with anything from skinny jeans to casual dresses.
- MARC BY MARC Jacobs Leather Tote: Swap out your summer beach bag for this neutral tote from Mark Jacobs. The timeless beige color will suit any outfit or season.
- Kate Spade New York Cobble Hill Callen Backpack: Stay hands-free and stylish with this backpack from Kate Spade. This bag features soft pebbled cowhide for an extra punch of chic.
- Meli Melo Thela Large Classic Bag: This best-selling tote is a worthy investment with its spacious interior and adjustable straps. The best part? It is large enough to hold all of your tech accessories for the office and chic enough to take to dinner.
Looking for that perfect pair of jeans can get frustrating. However, when you know the kind of fit you want, it can make the search a whole lot easier. With summer coming to an end and pants season upon us, we’re turning to some of fall’s best jeans. Shop skinny, cropped and relaxed fit denim.
Why You Need Them: Skinny jeans are a wardrobe staple. They look great with almost any shoe, they lengthen the look of your legs, AND with the right styling, they can take you from ‘casual Fridays’ to a night on the town.
Shop: 1. Blank Denim Skinny Jeans; 2. J.Crew Ever Stretch Toothpick Jeans; 3. Joe’s Jeans Mid Rise Skinny Jeans
Why You Need Them: Not sure how to wear your new fall booties? Cropped jeans are the answer. The shorter length of cropped jeans is perfect for short boots and ankle strap heels. The jeans won’t bunch, offering a chic and clean look.
Shop: 1. Rag & Bone JEAN High Rise Skinny Zipper; 2. Hudson Jeans Nico Mid Rise Super Skinny Jeans; 3. KORAL Cigarette Jeans
Why You Need Them: When it comes to weekend errands, few things are more comfortable than a loose-fitting pair of pants. From straight leg to boyfriend cuts, these jeans look amazing with flats, pumps and everything in between.
Shop: Rag & Bone JEAN The Dre Slim Fit Boyfriend Jeans; Paige Denim Hidden Hills Straight Leg Stretch Jeans; Free People Low Rise Boyfriend Jeans
While we’d love to pretend that summer is here to stay, fall weather (and fashion) is right around the corner. Rather than prepping for autumn with heavy knits and pants, we’re embracing summer fashion for as long as possible with dresses that can be worn for a range of seasons. Shop summer-to-fall dresses for every price range.
Summer to Fall Dresses Under $100
- Felicity & Coco Seamed Pencil Dress: This little black dress is great for any season with its classic fit and knee-length silhouette. Wear it with strappy sandals or pointed toe pumps.
- Feel The Piece V Neck Maxi Dress: This summery vneck can easily be taken to fall. Team it with a black leather jacket and a matching clutch for an edgy night out.
- Ark & Co. Embroidered Eyelet Dress: This dress evokes femininity with its slim waist and embroidered hem. Keep it summer casual in your favorite flat sandals or pair it with tan ankle booties for the cooler weather.
Summer to Fall Dresses $100-$250
- T by Tadashi Seamed Sheath Dress: Looking for a bright color to wear year-round? Then this is the blue for you. Team it with anything from nude heels to a printed pump for instant wow-factor.
- Splendid Stretch Jersey Maxi Dress: This soft gray maxi is perfect for those days when you’re looking for extra comfort. Take this dress to the beach with flip-flops and a tote or wear it this fall with a denim jacket and flats.
- ADDISON Dara Fit and Flare Zipper Detail Dress: An optical mesh pattern lends a cool, graphic touch to this mini dress. Take yours for a cool night out with a fitted jacket and pumps.
Summer to Fall Dresses $250+
- Diane von Furstenberg Prita Printed Silk Crepe de Chine Dress: A lightweight wrap dress is not only flattering on just about anyone, but it is also perfect for any season. Wear yours now with heeled sandals and a tan tote or take it to fall with a lightweight jacket and pumps.
- Madison Marcus Embroidered Silk Dress: This flirty silhouette can be taken from season to season with proper layering. Pair it with sky-high sandals and a printed clutch or transition to fall with a cream jacket and pumps.
- Needle & Thread Lace Stitch Embellished Georgette Shift Dress: The ¾ sleeve cut of this shift dress makes it suitable for a range of seasons and occasions. Team yours with metallic pumps and a solid clutch.
When it comes to shopping, few things are more exciting than a great sale. Lucky for us, we’ve reached the mid-point of summer and retailers everywhere are offering amazing deals. Shop top-rated shoes, clothing, and accessories from this season’s biggest designer sales.
- J.Crew Stone Medallion Necklace (
Was $118, Now $98 – Take extra 40% off with code SALEFUN): A statement necklace can transform even the simplest tee into a standout look. Team this J.Crew piece with a solid top and boyfriend jeans for an unexpected pop of flare.
- Elizabeth and James Slim Hobo (
Was $485, Now $305.55): This Elizabeth and James hobo features a slim silhouette and comfortable strap that is perfect for all-day wear.
- Kate Spade New York Nella 58mm Aviator Sunglasses (
Was $145, Now $89): If you want to look effortlessly stylish with just one accessory, sunglasses are the answer. Kate Spade gives classic aviators a bold makeover with this printed design.
- J.Crew Boyfriend Fatigue Jacket (
Was $168, Now $138 – Take extra 40% off with code SALEFUN): This lightweight jacket is designed with vintage military style in mind. Team it with a floral dress for summer or take it to fall with skinnies and a shirt.
- Hudson Jeans Collette Skinny Jeans (
Was $189, Now $119): The search for the perfect pair of denim ends here. This top-rated jean features a dark-wash hue and a comfortable fit that flatters.
- Haute Hippie Cowl Back Silk Blouse (
Was $245, Now $147): Simple in the front and drama in the back. This top has a cut-out cowl back that demands attention, perfect for a night out.
- J.Crew Cleo Perforated Loafers (
Was $188, Now $129. Take extra 40% off with code SALEFUN): Add a pop of color to any look with these comfortable J.Crew loafers. Wear yours with cropped denim and a white button down.
- Steve Madden Nyravana Boot: (
Was $149.95, Now $99): Transition from summer to fall fashion in style with these Steve Madden ankle boots. Team them with anything from a printed dress to skinny jeans.
- Nike Free TR Connect 2 Training Shoe (
Was $110, Now $72): This sneaker is designed with multidirectional movement to cover anything from core work to circuit training. With two leopard print colors to choose from, you’ll be sure to make a stylish statement.
Nothing like Summer Fridays to put travel on the mind. Today we’re sharing some of our favorite travel bags of all sizes. From organized makeup cases to oversized weekend bags, we have top-rated luggage to make your summer excursions stress-free and stylish.
The Cosmetic Case: Scrounging your suitcase for your favorite lipstick is the last thing you need when on the go. Invest in a cosmetic case to keep your daily essentials at easy reach.
- Tumi Lima Travel Kit: This neat case features double nylon construction with separate transparent compartments to keep all of your grooming essentials together.
- Flight 001 SpacePak Travel Bag Set: This bright pack features a bag for clothes (with laundry compartments) and 3 smaller bags for toiletries and shoes. Each is lightweight and bright to keep you extra organized on the go.
- Prada Nylon Triangle Cosmetic Bag: Prada transforms a simple makeup bag into a vibrant fashion statement with this red number. We love this pick for its small size and simplicity.
The Weekender: An oversized satchel or duffle can double as a carryon for a long trip and as your suitcase for a weekend getaway.
- A.P.C. Weekender Bag: This casual duffle is perfect for a short weekend retreat. Its canvas material makes it lightweight and sturdy, plus, it has adjustable straps for a hands-free carryon option.
- Dooney & Bourke Florentine Vachetta Satchel: This bestselling satchel is a classic among all weekend bags. Its flat bottom and metal feet add extra support, while its sleek leather look allows it to double as an oversized handbag.
- Longchamp Le Pliage Expandable Travel Bag: Longchamp is a travel-favorite with its strong nylon exterior and leather straps. This style features an expandable compartment, which is perfect for a long weekend.
The Crossbody: Hands-free is the way to go whether you’re sightseeing, hitting your favorite shopping spots, or rushing through the airport.
- Kate Spade New York Cobble Hill Ellen Affogato: Go hands-free in style with this nude crossbody from Kate Spade. The lightweight structure is just large enough to fit your daily essentials without weighing you down.
- Elizabeth and James Cynnie Mini Bucket Bag: With soft lambskin, drawstring closure, and a 3-pocket interior, this mini bucket bag is a must-have. We love its expandable body for a versatile and stylish accessory.
- MARC BY MARC JACOBS Preppy Nylon Natasha Mini Crossbody Bag: If you’re worried about poor weather conditions, a chic nylon bag is a great choice. This top-rated style features a secure, zip-around flap and a quick and easy magnetic closure option.
Whether you’re in a new relationship or have been dating for years, one this is always true: even during the honeymoon phase, shopping for your man can be hard! Shirt styles are endless, watches are hit or miss, and finding the right fit for jeans is nearly impossible. However, there are several categories that are sure-fire hits. From everyone’s favorite Ray-Ban sunglasses to versatile swim trunks, we’re sharing our go-to gift picks.
Shop for the Man in Your Life: Swim Trunks
Swimsuits are fairly simple in style, so you won’t have to worry about buying the wrong fit. Pick a color and length you know he’ll like and you’re good to go.
- Volcom Static Chino Shorts: These shorts feature water-resistant fabric and four-way stretch technology that will allow your man to transition from the park to the pool with ease (and style).
- J.Crew 9” Board Short in Oxford Cloth: J.Crew has transformed their swimsuits, making them even better than before. This classic style features moisture-wicking, quick-drying fabric to ensure all-day comfort.
- Onia Solid Calder Trunks: A mid-length version of the Onia swimwear staple. These trunks offer a comfortable fit with a preppy style that will match just about anything.
Shop for the Man in Your Life: Shoes
While shoes may not be the first thing that comes to mind when you think of gifts, lightweight summer styles are actually very easy to pick out. Try a casual boat shoe or flexible sneaker that will work with any foot size, wide or narrow.
- Sperry Top-Sider Authentic Original Boat Shoe: Soft, red leather offers an unexpected neutral that your man will love. They’ll go with anything from board shorts to slacks.
- J.Crew Island Slipper PT203 Flip-Flops in Suede: When in doubt, flip-flops are always great for summer. This J.Crew pair was made by hand and combines lush suede with a thick rubber sole. Stylish and practical!
- TOMS Paseos Chambray Sneaker: TOMS transforms the chambray trend into their classic sneaker style. The lightweight, flexible fit is perfect for summer.
Shop for the Man in Your Life: Sunglasses
Shopping for a pair of shades can be a piece of cake if you follow a general “sunglasses for your face shape” guide. If you’re still unsure, opt for a universally flattering fit like our Ray-Ban sunglasses pick below.
- Ray-Ban Classic Clubmaster 51mm Sunglasses: Ray-Ban sunglasses are a classic hit and this style will flatter just about any face shape. We love the metal rims for a modern update.
- Persol Square Sunglasses: Polished metal arrows give this celeb favorite a distinctive style.
- Givenchy Aviator 60mm Sunglasses: An edgy metallic inset offers a fresh take on these vintage-inspired aviators.
While we in the TopShelf office love a great pair of heels, we have to admit; they’re not always practical. Luckily there are plenty of stylish flats to make up for it. Are you a hipster, trendster, or perfectly preppy? Find the perfect pair of flats for your style.
Stylish Flats for the Hipster
- HalogenKayla d’Orsay Flats: Striped flats will add instant excitement to any outfit. Highlight these shoes by teaming them with classic skinnies and a solid blouse.
- Dolce Vita Voltera Oxford: At 60% off, these Dolce Vita oxfords are a steal. Keep it cool with boyfriend jeans and summer knits.
- Hinge Leggett Oxford: Delicate perforations revamp this menswear-inspired shoe. Create a cool contrast by teaming yours with a bouncy skirt.
Stylish Flats for the Trendster:
- MadewellTangier Flats: Curved cutouts and tonal embroidery give understated style to these d’Orsay flats. Wear them with anything from laid-back denim to colorful shorts.
- Jeffery Campbell In Love Floral d’Orsay Flats: Florals are in, so why not make them part of your everyday wardrobe? Make these shoes pop against white pants.
- Marc by Marc Jacobs Friends of Mine Shorty Loafers: Add a playful touch to your daily style with these Marc Jacobs flats. Team them with straight leg jeans and a blazer.
Stylish Flats for the Preppy Lady:
- Sophia WebsterLoca Patent Leather Skimmer: Elegant patent flats get a playful update with this mix of mint and green leather. Make them pop against fitted trousers and a solid shirt.
- MICHAEL Michael Kors Dixie Ballet Flat: A classic ballet flat in versatile khaki will match just about anything. Take them to work with knee length skirt or keep it casual with your favorite pair of denim.
- J.Crew Cleo Woven Leather Loafers: Woven details put a feminine spin on this smoking slipper. Team them with boyfriend jeans and a blazer.
With Memorial Day behind us and an entire summer to look forward to, we’re embracing sun kissed skin, lightweight clothing, and a TopShelf favorite hue: white. White fashion offers effortless styling with its versatile, clean look. It is timeless, and suits every age, so master your summer wardrobe with our Style Team’s favorite white-hot pieces.
White Fashion Trend for Your 20’s
- Tibi Silk Crepe de Chine Camisole: This simple, delicate tank is a wardrobe staple as it can be worn alone or layered. Take it to happy hour with skinny jeans, heeled sandals and a long necklace.
- Alice + Olivia Tank Pleated Jumpsuit: A boned bodice and slouchy straight leg pants bring a flirty and comfortable fit to this white jumpsuit. Team yours with open toe heels and a bright clutch.
- Clover Canyon Half Pleated Skort: Pleating and drape overlay give these shorts a cool, asymmetrical look. Pair them a printed blouse and neutral sandals.
White Fashion Trend for Your 30’s
- Diane von Furstenberg Shilo Dress: This lace DVF dress is perfect for summer with its feminine waistline and airy fit. Dress it up with nude heels and colorful statement earrings.
- Joie Selenite Split Neck Silk Top: Pleats add a soft shape to this Joie blouse. Take it to the office with slim trousers and pointed toe pumps.
- Rebecca Minkoff Piper Skirt: This ladylike skirt brings unexpected flare with its semi-sheer hemline. Team yours with sky-high heels and a fitted top.
White Fashion Trend for 40’s +
- Theory Kaubrey Ribbed Stretch Jersey Mini Dress: This flattering stretch-jersey dress is the perfect piece to take on vacation. Keep it casual with flat sandals and brown tote.
- Alice + Olivia Stacey Slim Pants: These timeless pants are the perfect desk to dinner option. Team yours with open toe pumps and breezy blouse.
- Equipment Lynn Crew Neck Blouse: A classic silk blouse is a summer staple with its lightweight fit. Team it with a sleek pencil skirt for the office or dress it down with loose-fitting jeans and flats.